Answer for How to get NOC of the vehicle and get it Re-registered

Procedure for obtaining the police certificate

  1. Write an application addressed to ‘Deputy/Assistant commissioner of police, Detective Department’ in duplicate mentioned that you need to move your vehicle to another state under the registration authority of the place you are moving to. Also mention the registration No. of your vehicle and that you have paid the fee and attaching the receipt of the same. List all the attachment at the end.
  2. Attach the Photocopy of RC, Identity proof, and receipt of the fee paid to one of the application.
  3. Submit the same to the counter assigned at the crime branch cell of the police control room.
  4. Submit another application to one more counter meant for verifying as to whether any pending issues are there related to your vehicle.
  5. The certificate issued by the crime branch cell stating that the vehicle is not the stolen one would be given as told by the person at the counter.

 * Pls note that some guidelines may be different from one RTO to other.